Sunday, August 21, 2011

I'm at the ice cream truck, age 3


















Someone posted a pic that I'm 99% sure I'm in (age 3, smallest blond kid on the right) with my older brother (age 6.5, tall kid with dark hair looking at the camera) and a cousin (blond girl on the left hiding her face behind a popsicle) taken in the summer of 1964 in Sewaren, NJ. The man on the right has the same hairline as my cousin's father but my mom says the man in the photo is too tall & is not him. There was a bar in my grandpa's basement so it is not unlikely that it is him & he was taking a break from the brew & cigarettes for us and carrying another cousin with him.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sewaren,_New_Jersey

Everybody runs from everywhere for the ice cream man. Popsicles were likely 5 or 10 cents.

Last known location on the web for this pic is http://guilhermesirtoli.tumblr.com/page/20
pic is going to get pushed further back as the weeks roll by.
There are a lot of very rare Beatles & David Bowie pics on this tumblr.

No comments:

Post a Comment